Highfield Middle School’s PE & Sport Vision Statement:
Enjoy Achieve Aspire
We aim to encourage a broad understanding of physical activity and to promote a sense of achievement, success and enjoyment where the child can progress and develop in all personal, social, cognitive and physical aspects.
The Government provides schools with additional ‘PE & Sport Premium’ funding for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. The premium must be spent by schools on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and Sport for the benefit of all pupils. The premium allows Highfield to provide PE and Sport opportunities for all children in a variety of activities both in curricular and extra-curricular time. In 2023 we achieved the School Games Gold Award in recognition of our sports provision and success.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Mr D Boddy
Leader of PE
Miss J Lomax
Teacher of PE