Uniform expectations update for September 2023
We have high expectations regarding school uniform. It helps to promote equality amongst our pupils and set a positive climate for learning.
From September, we will allow plain black leather (or leather look) polishable sports shoes as part of daily uniform. Plain black, hard wearing, sturdy sensible footwear such as Nike Airforce 1 and Converse All Star (Leather) will be permitted. The following footwear will still not be permitted – Running trainers, chunky boots (such as Dr Marten’s or Uggs), canvas trainers, coloured (or white) stitching, designs and logos, ‘air bubble’ soles and high fashion footwear. Of course, more traditional shoes will continue to be allowed.
The vast majority of our pupils are always dressed smartly for school and always wear uniform which will meet our clear requirements. Please bear these changes in mind when you are renewing items over the summer months.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any difficulties providing your child with suitable school uniform. We are always happy to help where we can.
We have a colourful, comfortable uniform comprising:
- School Sweatshirt – royal blue with school badge (Supplied by Salto)
- School polo shirt – gold with school badge (Supplied by Salto)
- Trousers – black only (Jeans, leggings, tracksuit bottoms etc not permitted)
- Skirt – black pleated school skirt – just above knee length
- Shorts – black tailored school shorts – only permitted in the first half term (Sept/Oct) and the summer term.
- Socks – plain black only (calf or knee length – no pattern or logo)
- Tights – plain black only
- Shoes – Plain black, hard wearing, polishable leather or ‘leather look’ shoes. Logos/stripes etc are permitted but must be all black. The following types of footwear are not permitted – Running trainers, chunky boots (such as Dr Marten’s or Uggs), canvas trainers, coloured (or white) stitching, designs, stripes and logos, ‘air bubble’ soles and high fashion footwear.
For your child’s safety – Jewellery, including earrings, and make-up are not allowed in school.
Long hair must be tied back for practical lessons (PE, Science, Tech and others where necessary)
Our PE kit comprises the following items (please see table below):
Wherever possible, we still do outdoor PE and Games throughout the winter and pupils need to be dressed for the cold weather. Hoodies, base layers, hats and gloves should be worn when appropriate. Pupils must have trainers for every PE lesson, wearing school shoes is not permitted.
How do I order uniform?
Uniform is available to order and pay for via Salto.
Can I get any ‘Pre-Loved’ uniform?
Yes – We hold some stock of clean, pre-used good quality uniform items in school. These can be obtained for a small voluntary donation. This service can be accessed by anyone.
Should uniform be labelled?
It is essential that ALL of your child’s uniform is labelled clearly, including PE kits and shoes.
How does my child find lost property?
Any named lost property will be returned to your child. Any un-named lost property will be put in the PE changing room lost property or year group lost property bins.
Is any jewellery allowed?
Jewellery is not permitted in school at all, including earrings.
Can my child wear ear-retainers?
Yes – ear-retainers may be worn in school.
Can my child wear make-up?
SALTO Uk Ltd
Low Prudhoe Industrial Estate
Tel: 01661 835 240
Email: [email protected]
Additional items are widely available at sports shops or supermarkets