Our purpose is to provide the highest standards of education and value academic excellence, pupil well-being and personal development in equal measure.
This will be achieved through the following aims:
- To educate our pupils in a way which will encourage them to be hardworking, to achieve, and to have a chance to be successful.
- To encourage our pupils to be honest, trustworthy and responsible for their actions.
- To strive to achieve high standards of literacy and numeracy in all our pupils.
- To encourage a respect for learning, self-discipline, and sound personal management.
- To try and give all our pupils a sense of belonging to a community with shared values and to have pride in themselves and their school.
- To encourage our pupils to respect the needs and rights of others, and to be tolerant to different beliefs and points of view.
- To give our pupils opportunities which help them to build self-esteem, self-confidence, and independence.
- To prepare our pupils for life in the adult world by helping them to mature, to develop socially, to face the challenges of a competitive society, and to live a healthy lifestyle.
- To provide a safe, healthy and stimulating environment where our pupils can feel secure, happy and valued as individuals.
- To encourage co-operative ways of working which support the learning process and the caring ethos of the school.